1.A lot of slang:
Sangas – sandwiches
Knock backs – ?
Tazzy – Tasmania
Brizzy – Brisbane
Scrummy – yummy
Scrolls – cinnamon “rolls”
Capsicum – bell pepper
Leads – leash
Maccas – McDonald’s
Woolies – Woolworths
Sultana – raisin
Nosey about – look around
Surcharge – tax
Chilly bin – cooler
2. Young and old, many walk around barefoot
3. I’m not sure if this is everywhere but in a lot of residential areas people speed (some do not have low 20 mph speed limits like the US)
4. Early 2000s music plays everywhere… Smashmouth and Sugar Ray…
5. No street food… I heard it exists in Melbourne only. Sad!
6. It’s hot and humid. Unbelievably. AC mucho necessito
7. People are all around pretty friendly and helpful —
8. I see a lot of those strange truck-car hybrids. I wonder why those are so popular here?!
9. Warm nights and amazing sunsets!