1. A lot less slang than Australia but they do still have some interesting words
- Toasties – toasted sandwhiches
- Mince – ground (meat)
- Trolley/Trendle – shopping cart
- Sallie’s – Salvation Army
- Throaties – Cough drops
- Scrumpy – ?
- Plunger – French press coffee
- Op Shop – opportunity shop (thrift shop)
2. Kiwi e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g… rare bird and country mascot
3. The most genuinely friendly people I’ve EVER met
4. Remote… mountains everywhere, cell service lacking unless in a “city”
5. Most things are overpriced because there is no other option or choice around
6. The locals don’t like the “city” but even the cities feel TINY
7. Very fresh air, not as humid as Australia for sure!
8. Sandflies are tiny gnat-like flies that leave a bite 100x itchier than a mosquito (the itch takes a LONG time to heal)